This coming wednesday I will have my first artist talk here at OBRAS Foundation to tell about my work.

The last days I painted the first layers of some of my bigger canvasses.
It was great (hot) weather & lovely to paint outside.
Today and tomorrow there will be a bit of sturm, so I will have time to work further on these canvasses.
I am experimenting with new combinations in color, and there is a lot of time to work in the studio, inside and out, and time to experiment!
The green canvas of 100 x 140 cm is now almost ready!

On sunday we will have an open studio of all working artist, accompanied by a brochure.
Hereby the text I wrote for this year :
"This residency  I will be focusing on the changes in season, and I will try to register this change in color in the Alentejano landscapes, in my paintings. Amongst this beautiful nature, inspiration is all around. I want to translate these landscapes into paint, and therefore I aspire to broaden their meaning, and emphasize the “memento mori” aspect and the intensity of this specific Alentejano light. I will also be working in the techniques of the Portugues tradition of azulejos and their flower vases.

Ingrid Simons, 20th of May 2014"


Populaire posts van deze blog