Yesterday was the last day of the workshop of Maria de Freitas, and yesterday morning we opened the oven together, to see the results. Everything was well fired, nothing broke. I really liked the results, so nice to experiment with help of the examples of the masters. And for the first time the use of yellow! I learned a lot of technical skills in this workshop! And was a nice group of participants! Thank you!
After that I yesterday afternoon started repainting two azulejos at the Museo do Barro with Luis, so that after the first two azulejos were broken, I can still realize my big panel of 4 azulejos of each 30 x 40 cm, total 60 x 80 cm.!
Tomorrow I will be ‘re’painting an azulejos of 30 x 30 cm, and a new panel Luis made for me, will be a surprise, something new!
After returning from Redondo, I got such great help from Ludger! Unbelievable!
We were building the final presentation of my residency in a shirt amount of time, and it looks so good! I am so happy with this endpresentation, and now that I saw all the work together I can’t realize how much I did!! It is a beautiful presentation.
We had a great night, thank you so much for your interest!
 
It was such a great residency! Thank you so much Ludgero and Carolina!
It was a great season to come and work. I experienced three types of weather! And this is well visible in this end presentation. When I came it was cold, windy, rainy, there I made black and white paintings, with big formations of clouds. Then the summer really started, then I painted my blue and green paintings, and then when the heat kicked in, the grasses turned yellow, and later on even white, and then my light paintings and even a few small paintings with a new yellow/green saw the light. It was such a great experience to paint within and in coordination with the season in only 5 weeks time!
I was able to experiment more with the azulejos, new colour combinations, I learned new techniques.This time I designed the forms of the vases, and got to paint a serie of vases, also very nice to do (those these were during the day, 10.00-18.00 working in Redondo with the azulejos, and at night in the Casa de Miradour painting the vases). I am now even more sure, that there is so much more to gain, learn and enjoy, from this new segment in my work.

This afternoon we will be taking down the exhibition in the castelo and tomorrow the packing will begin.
Can’t believe it’s already almost over!
And so many ideas to take home too!
I look back on just a perfect residency and exhibition!
Muito obrigada!
(also for all your patience when I was talking Portuguese
J!)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Populaire posts van deze blog