Photos of my
FINAL PRESENTATION
at Fundacao OBRAS, last sunday the 15th of June

Last sunday the 15th of June was my final presentation at Fundacao OBRAS in Alentejo, Portugal. It was such a great residency, so much inspiration, and great to be able to work in the studio the whole day! And so I did, during the whole residency. I have been able to experiment with new ideas, colors and techniques. At OBRAS I painted in the studio Branco and Ludger made an outside studio for me & for my ceramic work I was very well supported by Mestre Xico & Luis, and worked in their studios. It was fantastic!
Thank you all for following, your inspiration and support, being great company and of course for visiting the final presentation!!

(more photos will follow later of me presenting my work,
and a more detailled text about what I made & discovered)

Presentation of my ceramic works of May & June
in the Sala Rossio











My (one of two) new "Pia de agua bente", as an ode to nature




These two beautiful black azulejos are also new in my work (just as the 'pia de agua bente'), but made out of black clay, so that the scratched lines are also black. Both and certainly two new directions in my ceramic work, that I will continue and broaden in the (near) future.
Both, as well as the other azulejos, were made by Luis, and painted by me






Vases hand made by Mestre Xico, painted by me




And my presentation of new paintings in my temporary studio, Studio Branco:



 


My 36 day series of painting is ready!


My 'new' color,
recommanded by my collegue & so typical for the golden glaze on the grasses here!
And the first time I painted a painting with the use of only 1 color!
With first some practise in the 36 days series, to get the feel of the color, I used it for not only 1, but 2 paintings, and more to come!












And back to the Sala Rossio for a more 'close up' tour :
















After sunday:


This last canvas I finished after the final presentation (with the presentation it was still on the easel, and not finished), last wednesday, on the day of packing!




And this beautiful sky marked the last day at Obras for 2014!




Populaire posts van deze blog